Was not pleased with our experience.
1) Very confusing checkin process. No signs outside indicating where the hotel checkin is. There are a few 15 minute parking spaces by the entrance, which is where I parked temporarily to checkin and try to find out where the overnight parking was. After checking in, I came back to my car to find I had received a parking violation…how the heck does this happen when you are at a strange, unfamiliar hotel and just trying to checkin? Suggestion to management…maybe have a few parking spaces designated for guests checking in that aren’t limited to 15 mins.
2) If you want to sleep later than 6am, then definitely reconsider booking this hotel. You will be woken up by extremely loud smashing weights and fitness classes with pounding music, which reverberates the entire room, even if you are a heavy sleeper. Suggestion to management…maybe consider putting a note on website that lets people know AT THE TIME OF BOOKING that there are very loud workouts that start early in the morning. This was ridiculous and ruined our entire stay. Had we known, we would not have booked this hotel.
3) Keep in mind this is an athletic club. It is an athletic club more than it is a hotel and they do not cater to the needs of the hotel guests. The restaurant is open odd hours. They don’t open until 9am and are closed throughout the day. there is no room service. The food is good at the restaurant, but the service is extremely slow. After placing our order, we never saw our waitress again.
4) The pool was awful. Extremely overcrowded (mostly members and their families). It was packed full of people, literally stacked on top of each other. No room to swim or for kids to play. Way too crowded.
5) Maid service is available upon request. I figured if we didn’t need the room cleaned, they would at least take out the trash and replace the towels. Nope. These standard things need to be requested as well. I called the front desk and asked for service, which never happened. The next morning, I went to the front desk and personally requested the room to be cleaned, fresh sheets, etc. When we returned later that day, the beds were made, but the sheets were the same dirty sheets we’ve had our entire stay. They also did not replace the bottled waters, which they are supposed to do daily (included with the resort fee). I tried the vending machine, but the water was sold out. No room service and restaurant was closed. I had to beg for water at the front desk, which they finally brought up.
6) The TV lags and the words do not match up.
I did try to nicely communicate our concerns, but was not addressed by staff, didn’t really seem to care.