You can never go wrong with house-made meatballs at a party. Your guests can eat them alone or put a few between garlic bread for the ultimate meatball sandwich. Municipal chef Jeff Arasi's recipe calls for 20 pounds of Angus beef, which means you'll be a little more selective about who gets an invite!
Ingredients20 lbs Angus ground beef* 2 each onions, brunoise or minced 1 cup garlic, minced 12 each eggs 8 cups Panko bread crumbs 1/4 cup garlic powder 4 cups Parmesan, ground 1 bunch parsley, chopped Salt and pepper, to taste Fresh Mozzarella, 1/2 inch cubes, as needed
- In a mixing bowl, add beef, onions, garlic, eggs, panko, garlic powder, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Weigh out 2 oz meatballs.
- Take mozzarella and place in middle.
- Form meat around cheese.
- Place in 450 F oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with spicy tomato sauce and basil oil.