A fall and winter favorite, pecan pie falls into the category of sugar pies, featuring a sugary custard filled with pecan halves.
Ingredients6 ounces butter, at room temperature 1 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup corn syrup 1/4 cup molasses 5 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 6 ounces pecan halves 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 2 tablespoons bourbon 1 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar till smooth.
- Add the corn syrup and molasses, then the flour and mix well.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, scraping down after each egg; add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Fold the pecans and chocolate by hand, add the bourbon.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, till the top is dry and the filling is barely jiggling.
- Let cool.