This spin on Oysters Rockefeller is a signature dish at Roots Handmade Pizza for private catered events.
IngredientsSpinach Dip Mixture: 1/2 pound of spinach 1 whole shallot, finely minced 1/3 cup of red peppers, finely diced 3/4 pound of cream cheese 3/4 cup mayonnaise 3/4 cup parmesan cheese 1 tsp kosher salt 1 tsp cracked black pepper Hollandaise Mixture: 4 egg yolks 1/2 pound of butter 1 garlic clove, finely minced 1/2 tsp oregano 1 tsp kosher salt 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
Spinach "Dip" Mixture
- Combine all ingredients well in a bowl and set aside. Note: red peppers and shallots should be raw.
- Melt 1/4 pound of butter in a saucepan over medium heat and thoroughly. Mix with 1 1/2 cups of panko breadcrumbs. Set aside off the heat.
- Sautee butter, garlic, oregano, and kosher salt in a saucepan for about five minutes over medium heat.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl for about four minutes and slowly pour butter/garlic/oregano/kosher salt mixture into bowl a bit at a time until fully incorporated.
Add ricotta and breadcrumb mixture to bowl, stir well until fully incorporated.
- Shuck 16 fresh oysters.
- Put oysters and oyster liquid in bowl and refrigerate.
- Reserve half of the oyster shells.
- Spread a liberal amount of the Spinach “Dip” Mixture on bottom of 16 oyster shells.
- Put one oyster on top of each of Spinach “Dip” Mixture oyster shells.
Completely cover tops of oysters with Breadcrumb Hollandaise Mixture.
- Place all 16 oysters on baking sheet, and place sheet on middle rack of oven.
- Bake oysters at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Garnish tops of oysters with chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy.