The avocado (Persea americana) is the green-fleshed fruit of semi-tropical tree The ‘Hass’ variety is oval shaped, with bumpy, pebbled skin that turns dark purple-black color when ripe, and a creamy texture.
IngredientsMango salsa: 1 mango, peeled and seeded 1 red onion, peeled 1 jalapeno, seeded 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and seeded 1 bunch cilantro, large stems removed, chopped Juice of 1 lime Salt and pepper to taste Chili beurre fondue: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup cream 1 cup lobster stock 1/4 pound butter, in small pieces 1 teaspoon chili flakes Salt and pepper to taste 1 ‘Hass’ avocado, halved, peeled and pitted 10 ounces Maine lobster 6 leaves butterhead lettuce
Make the mango salsa:
- Dice the mango, red onion, jalapeno and red bell pepper.
- Mix together with the cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper.
Prepare the chili beurre fondue:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the wine, lemon juice, cream and lobster stock.
- Whisk in the butter, chili flakes and salt and pepper.
- Place three leaves of lettuce on each of two plates.
- Top with one-half of an avocado.
- Add half the lobster meat.
- Top with chili buerre fondue and mango salsa.