Gnudi are small, delicate Italian dumplings, made from ricotta cheese. Similar to gnocchi, they lighter and more pillowy in texture.
Ingredients1 pound ricotta cheese 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated 1 egg, beaten About 3 cups semolina flour or as needed
- Combine the cheeses and egg in a medium bowl, mix well and spoon into balls.
- Place on a tray covered with semolina and pour more semolina over the top to completely cover the balls.
- Leave buried in semolina for two days in the refrigerator. Before serving, remove the balls from the semolina, shaking off excess.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer and poach the gnudi until they float, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and add any favorite toppings.