We’re excited about one of the newest items on the winter menu, caramelized Brussels sprouts that complement boneless rib eye steak or roast farm chicken.
Ingredients2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half 1 tbsp canola oil 3 tbsp butter 1 tbsp shallots, minced 3 tbsp lemon juice 2 fl oz. chicken jus 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated 1 tbsp chives, chopped 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Blanch sprouts in boiling, salted water for one minute;
- Drain and place on a towel cut side down to pull out excess water.
- In a cast-iron pan, heat canola oil and two tablespoons of butter.
- When butter starts to brown, add sprouts cut side down, and caramelize for two minutes, checking every 30 seconds.
- Once the sprouts are browned, add shallots, lemon juice, chicken jus, half of the parmesan, chives and parsley.
- Return to heat and add remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until sauce has thickened.
- Pour into serving dish and top with remaining cheese, chives and parsley.