A member of the lily family, asparagus is a favorite spring vegetable. It comes in many varieties, generally characterized by color: from dark to light green, and purple. The differences in flavor are slight.
Ingredients9 asparagus spears, cleaned and peeled 3 thin slices prosciutto 1 mixed mushrooms, sliced Butter as needed Salt and pepper to taste 2 tablepoons truffle vinaigrette (recipe below) 5 shavings of pepato cheese or asiago 1/8 teaspoon Maldon smoked sea salt Truffle balsamic vinaigrette 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup sherry vinegar 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup demiglace (optional) 1/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1/4 cup white truffle oil 2-1/2 cups olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus in and cook for about 4 minutes, until crisp/tender.
- Shock in ice water. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Saute the mushrooms in butter until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap 3 asparagus with one piece of prosciutto. Repeat so you have three bundles of asparagus. Arrange on plate.
- Top the asparagus with the mushrooms and drizzle with truffle vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the cheese and smoked sea salt.
Truffle balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine the vinegars, soy sauce, demiglace and mustard in a blender; slowly drizzle in truffle and olive oils to emulsify.
- Season to taste.
- 4 cups.