Reliance Building (Hotel Burnham)
Since 1999, the historic building has housed the 122-room Hotel Burnham and Atwood Cafe. The first skyscraper to have large plate glass windows make up the majority of its surface area, the Reliance Building was completed in 1895.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970; and on January 7, 1976, it was designated a National Historic Landmark. The Reliance Building is also part of the Loop Retail Historic District, a collection of over one hundred buildings that reflects the growth of State and Wabash Streets as the central retail district of Chicago.