Kam Isaiah Israel Congregation
Founded in 1847, Kam Isaiah is the oldest Reform congregation west of Ohio.
In 1906, the young Temple Israel merged with Congregation B'nai Sholom, the second oldest Jewish congregation in Illinois. These various congregations were located on the South Side a little north of Hyde Park until 1924, when they all moved to Hyde Park. In that year, KAM dedicated a new home at 50th Street and Drexel Boulevard shortly before Isaiah Temple dedicated the Byzantine-inspired structure that is the congregation's current, much-beloved home at Greenwood Avenue and Hyde Park Boulevard. A month after Isaiah dedicated its new building, it merged with B'nai Sholom Temple Israel; the merged congregation took the name Temple Isaiah Israel.