Lola's Coney Island2858 W. Chicago, Chicago, IL 60622
At Lola’s Coney Island, Chicagoans are now learning what Michiganders have known for many years: the Coney Island hot dog (also called a Detroit-style hot dog) is a world-class wiener.
Superdawg Drive-In6363 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60646
Chicago's landmark drive-in, opened in 1948 and under the original ownership, still employs carhops who serve customers in their automobiles.
Fatso's Last Stand
Charred polish and salami, fried shrimp and house-made mac and cheese figure on the menu along with char dogs and
Fat Johnnie's Red Hots
Founded in 1972, this classic Chicago walk-up stand serves hot dogs, chili and the mother-in-law,
Big & Little's
The spiffy, casual eatery has moved two blocks away to a larger space in order to accommodate more diners. Partners Gary Strauss and Tony D'Alessandro (
This concession inside Wal-Mart is the last vestige of the business widely acknowledged as the originator of the Chicago-style hot dog, created by Abe "Fluky" Drexler at the Maxwell Street market in 1929
Opened in early 2010 by the owners of 35th Street Red Hots, this stand-up doggery stays open as late as 5 a.m
Jimmy's Red Hots
Stand-up only, minimalist hot-dog spot serves a limited menu of franks, Polish sausages, tamales, fries and soft drinks.
Byron's Hot Dog Haus - Wrigleyville
Established in 1975, Byron's has the sliced tomato, dill pickle slices, raw onions, sport peppers, yellow mustard and celery salt of the customary Chicago hot dog but they also add shredded lettuce,
What's in a name? Chubby Wieners serves pretty much the same mix of hot dogs, Polishes, burgers and gyros as most
Jim's Original - University Village
Established in 1939, when Macedonian immigrant Jim Stefanovic took over his aunt's Maxwell Street hot dog stand, Jim's was the birthplace of the onion-topped Maxwell Street Polish in 1943 and the pork chop sandwich "with the bone
Wolfy's has been proudly serving Chicago-style hot dogs to the Far North Side since Mickey Becker founded the hot dog stand in 1967.